Friday, October 7, 2011

"drive" fan


I was going to write a post devoted to Drive, the retro-80's chase movie I had been anticipating seeing for some time, but I'll never top this brilliant "illustrated reaction" by Lisa Hanawalt.

However, I'll still say this: While the grown-up part of my brain thinks that the best part of this movie was the opening sequence, and that it's just a little too "cool" and its style trumps its substance, the teenager in me is totally agog.

It's the kind of movie I would have seen at seventeen and then stayed up all night talking about over coffee with my friend. I feel like plastering my walls with posters and fan art devoted to it. Even though I found the lyrics to a certain song way too on-the-nose while watching the movie, I have a compulsion to listen to the soundtrack on repeat through my headphones while writing Ryan Gosling gushing fan letters in spite of (or perhaps because of) the goofy grin he wears throughout the film.

I haven't had this kind of reaction to a movie in quite some time (to specify how long would be to divulge my actual age). Anyway, if you're looking for something to watch this weekend, go and see Drive. Unleash your inner teenage fan girl in the process....

No comments:

Post a Comment